Q: In the early 1950s, it took 27 hours to make ONE of these. Today, it only takes 6 minutes.
A: Marshmallow PEEPS
Congratulations to Janey Kirby of Indianapolis who is today’s Smartest Hoosier Ever and won tickets to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari for knowing this. Play and win again each weekday at 3:10 on 95.5 WFMS
Other PEEPS® Fun Facts
- The PEEPS® Brand celebrated its 65th anniversary in 2018.
- In 1953, it took 27 hours to create one PEEPS® Marshmallow Chick. Today, thanks to advances in technology, it takes six minutes.
- Just Born produces enough PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Candies in one year to circle the earth twice.
- In the late 1950s PEEPS® wings were “clipped” to give them a sleek, modern look.
- PEEPS® Brand Candies have been the #1 non-chocolate brand at Easter for more than 20 years*.
- Yellow is America’s best selling color of PEEPS® Chicks and Bunnies.
- Yellow and white PEEPS® Chicks and Bunnies came first, followed by pink, lavender, blue, green and orange.
- If you had 8,000 PEEPS® Bunnies, and you stood them in a straight vertical line, you could reach the top of the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) in Chicago.
- Each PEEPS® Chick has 28 calories and Bunnies have 27.5 calories. Both have 0 grams of fat.
- Chocolate Dipped and Chocolate Covered PEEPS® Chicks were introduced for Easter 2010.
- PEEPS® branded products have made celebrity appearances on many programs including: Good Morning America, The Today Show, CBS Sunday Morning, The Early Show, Martha Stewart, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, South Park, Jeopardy and The Daily Show.
- Some celebrity PEEPS® fans include Justin Bieber, Miranda Cosgrove, Joe Jonas, and Dylan Lauren.