The 95.5 WFMS “Friends & Neighbors” program allows non-profits, community organizations, public schools, and charitable organizations to receive on-line and on air exposure and promotion for their events, fundraisers and awareness campaign. Our goal is to help those that are making Indianapolis area communities a better place to live, work and enjoy
Friday, August 9th-11th, 2019
Hog Daze Motorcycle Rally!
699 East 3rd St. Marion, Indiana 46952
Event Start Time: 12:00pm – 3:00am
Hog Daze is a celebration of motorcycles and their history in Marion/Grant County, Home of the Hog! Live original music, field events, bike shows, pin-up girl contest and much more. Gates open noon Friday. The fun starts at 5pm Friday and runs throughout the entire weekend. Proceeds benefit First Light Child Advocacy and Help the Hopeful. These amazing organizations help children and families that are in need.
$10 Weekend Entry Fee.
Camping Spaces Available: Primitive included in entry fee, campers and rv’s $25.
This event cannot be held each year without the wonderful support of sponsors and volunteers. If you are interested in sponsoring, volunteering or setting up as a merchandise vendor, please go to www.hogdaze.com and click on the “contact us” tab.
For more information, please visit our website:
Saturday, August 10th, 2019
Car Wash to Benefit Special Olympics!
5920 Stop 11 rd Indianapolis, IN 46237
Time: 8:30am – 3:00pm
Special Olympics Marion County East is hosting a car wash! All proceeds from the car wash will enable athletes to get new uniforms and equipment! Come out, join the fun and support an amazing organization!
The event will be located at Chicago Pizza at the corner of stop 11 and Arlington!
Saturday, August 17th, 2019
Bike MS: Cruisin’ The Crossroads
Boone County 4-H Fairgrounds, 1300 100 South, Lebanon, IN 46052
Check in: 6:30am
Ride Begins: 8:00am
Route Closes: 4:00pm
Bike MS: Cruisin’ the Crossroads is more than a ride. It’s an experience grounded in camaraderie and marked by passion, inspiration, determination and pure enjoyment. It will be an experience you’ll never forget, shared with new friends and old. Breakfast will be provided on Saturday Morning. A post ride dinner and live entertainment is also included. Come out and support MS Awareness!
Ride Info & Requirements
Thank you for your interest in Bike MS. For the best experience, here are some things you need to know:
- The minimum age to ride is 12. See additional requirements below for cyclists ages 12 through 17.
- The fundraising minimum is $150.
- Walk-up registrations are gladly accepted, however, Bike MS is a fundraising ride with a minimum fundraising requirement, so register as early as you can to raise money and have the greatest impact.
- We ride rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous conditions, we will delay the event until conditions improve. Please watch for weather-related updates via email and the event website.
- Helmets are required. No exceptions.
- Family and friends are always welcome at our start and finish locations, but not on the route. Please encourage your friends and family to meet you at the finish line, or to volunteer for the event.
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles are provided to transport any cyclists in need so personal vehicles are prohibited on the route and at rest stops.
- Pets are not allowed at the ride; however, service animals are welcome.
- View the Bike MS Welcome Packet.
We love having families participate in Bike MS! Here are some special requirements for cyclists ages 12 through 17:
- All riders must be at least 12 years of age on or before the day of the event – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All riders ages 12 through 17 must review the Safety in Group Cycling brochure with a parent or legal guardian.
- Youth riders must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (at least 21 years of age) at all times.
- One parent/adult may be responsible for no more than three youth riders.
- Even if the child is on a tandem bicycle, all of the requirements above still apply.
- No trailers, tagalongs, or child carriers are allowed on the route.
Packet Pick up and program will be on Friday evening prior to the ride.
For more Information:
Phone: 317.870.2500 X67029
Saturday,September 7th, 2019
Charlottesville Fire Dept. Fish Fry
Charlottesville Fire Department
10450 E US 40
Charlottesville, IN 46117
Event Start Time: 10am – 7pm
Join the Charlottesville Fire Department for their annual fish fry! Come on out and enjoy the best fish fry around! All proceeds go directly to the Fire Dept. to purchase equipment!
Friday, September 13th - Saturday, September 14th, 2019
Saint Thomas More Applefest!
1200 N. Indiana Street Mooresville, IN 46158
St. Thomas More Parish is sponsoring their 36th annual Applefest! The purpose of this event is to benefit the operations of the parish, provide for our free medical clinic, feed and clothe families in need and be a continued presence in the community.
Sponsorship: The Parish is searching for event sponsors! They rely heavily upon sponsors to make the festival a success. Please consider one of the following sponsorships!
GOLD SPONSOR: $500
SILVER SPONSOR: $250
BRONZE SPONSOR: $100
(All sponsors are welcome to set up a product booth at the festival. All sponsors will have a sign posted in front of the venue.)
Donations: Please consider making a donation to the event, such as a gift certificate, product or service.
The festival will include a silent auction, gift basket raffle, car show, beer and wine booth, carnival rides, corn hole tournament, entertainment and delicious festival food!
For more information on sponsoring or donating to the festival, please contact St. Thomas More Parish at: 317.831.4142
Thursday, October 3d, 2019
36th Annual Bloomington Community Book Fair
5700 W Airport Rd, Bloomington, IN 47403
The Hoosier Hills Food Bank presents the 36th annual Bloomington Community Book Fair. The book fair will offer more than 100,000 books, CDs, DVDs, LP records, games, puzzles, stamps, coins and more. There will also be food trucks and activities for children and the whole family! Book prices will range between $1.oo to $3.00 (with the exception of antiques). Food donations will be accepted for $1.00 off all purchases!
Event dates and times:
Oct. 3d: 9am-7pm
Oct 4th: 9am-7pm
Oct. 5th: 9am-6pm
Oct. 6th: 9am-6pm
Oct. 7th: 9am-6pm
Oct. 8th: 9am-2pm
All proceeds benefit the programs and services of the Hoosier Hills Food Bank.
Saturday, October 12th, 2019
Get Your Rear in Gear – Indianapolis
Eagle Creek park Beach
It is time again for the 10th annual Get Your Rear in Gear 5k Run/Walk and Kids Fun Run at Eagle Creek Park Beach! This event brings together those who have been affected by colon cancer. Come join us and help bring awareness and increase prevention in Indiana. Funds from this event will be granted back into the community to help our mission of saving lives!
Registration Fees (Includes t-shirt):
Youth (12 and under)- $15.00
For more information or to register, please visit: http://www.coloncancercoalition.org/Indianapolis