Does the Five-Second Rule Apply to All Foods?
pic from Kevin Freeman
It’s debatable whether or not the five-second rule is a real thing and it’s safe to eat food off the floor if you pick it up quickly or not. Especially if you use it for some of THESE foods.
Buzzfeed ran a survey asking people which foods they will and won’t eat after they drop them on the floor. Here are some of the highlights . . .
1. A cookie . . . 95% will eat it if they drop it on the floor.
2. A Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup . . . 77% will eat it if they drop it.
3. French fries . . . 74% will eat it.
4. A piece of pizza . . . 49% will eat it.
5. A piece of a sushi roll . . . 27% will eat it.
6. Spaghetti and meatballs . . . 6% will eat it.
7. Bread covered in jelly, landing jelly side down . . . 5% will eat it.
8. An ice cream cone, with the ice cream touching the ground . . . 4% will eat it.